HELP Online Training Course
New Online Training
A free online course on human trafficking has been developed by the European Programme for Human Rights Education for Legal Professionals (HELP) of the Council of Europe.
The course is designed to equip judges, prosecutors, lawyers, law enforcement officials and other professionals to effectively apply the standards developed under the Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings in their daily work. It is built up from a human-rights perspective and focuses on victim protection.
The course consists of nine substantive modules:
- Introduction and legal framework
- Definitions and legal concepts
- Identification of victims of human trafficking
- Assistance for victims of human trafficking
- The non-punishment principle
- Investigation, prosecution and victims’ rights
- Compensation for victims of human trafficking
- Return and repatriation
These topics are explored by using presentations, interactive screens, knowledge tests and reflective exercises.