Enhancing anti-trafficking actions in Kosovo*
- Support the local institutions in strengthening anti-trafficking actions and following up on the conclusions and recommendations of the second report of the Council of Europe Group of Experts on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings (GRETA) on the compliance of Kosovo* with the standards of the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings.
* "All reference to Kosovo, whether the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with United Nation’s Security Council Resolution 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo."
WHAT DOES THE PROJECT INVOLVE ?
- Implementation of the recommendations of GRETA's 2nd report
- Capacity building of the criminal justice sector to identify, investigate and prosecute trafficking in human beings and protect the rights of victims of trafficking
- Strengthening the multidisciplinary capacities of institutions for the prevention and early identification of victims of trafficking
- Development of a inter-institutional database for victims of trafficking
Ministry of Internal Affairs - National Anti-Trafficking Co-ordinator
Kosovo Police: Directorate against Trafficking in Human Beings
Office of the Chief State Prosecutor: Victim Assistance and Advocacy Office
Ministry of Justice
National Authority Against Trafficking in Human Beings
Civil society organisations
Victims of trafficking and persons in vulnerable situations, in particular, women and children
Kosovo Bar Association
Strengthened institutional and legal measures to prevent and combat trafficking in human beings, with specific focus on on child trafficking
Strengthened rights-based approach, focusing on improved victim identification and referral procedures, in particular for child victims, as well as improved access to justice and effective remedies
Strengthened criminal justice response to human trafficking, focusing on more effective investigation and prosecution of human trafficking offences as well as on improving the protection of victims
The project is funded by a voluntary contribution of 600,000 euros
The project is implemented until 31 December 2023
28 juin 2023
Building media skills to be the voice of victims of human trafficking, improve anti-trafficking reporting and strive for impactful journalismPristina 27/06/2023
On 27 June 2023, the project "Enhancing anti-trafficking actions", in co-operation with the...
21 juin 2023
Fostering international co-operation and sharing best practices on investigation and prosecution of human trafficking, data management, and provision of services for victimsLisbon 15 June 2023
From 12 to 15 June 2023, a delegation of partners and beneficiaries of the project "Enhancing...
18 nov. 2022Kosovo* 18 November 2022
On 18 November 2022 ended the month-long #DontBeSilent anti-trafficking campaign. Throughout the...
30 sept. 2022
Training on “Early Identification, referral and the rights of victims of trafficking” for labour inspectors and social workersKosovo 30 September 2022
From 28 to 30 September 2022, 45 labour inspectors and social service officials received...
22 juin 2022
Training on “Early identification of trafficking, support to victims, and the referral mechanism” for educational professionalsPristina, Prizren and Peja 22 June 2022
From 13 to 22 June 2022, approximately 100 teachers from preschools and primary and secondary...
- Monica PETROVICI-RONECKER, Project Manager, Anti-trafficking Division - Co-operation Unit
- Anila KADIU ALAJ, Local Project Manager, Council of Europe Office in Pristina
- Fitore SADIKU, Project Assistant, Council of Europe Office in Pristina