The Council of Europe is currently implementing actions on “Preventing and Combating Trafficking in Human Beings” in Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey, as part of the Programme Horizontal Facility II Western Balkans and Turkey (2019-2022), as well as in Kosovo* within the framework of a Norway Grant, with a particular focus on:
- Strengthening detection, identification and assistance of victims of trafficking for labour exploitation;
- Strengthening detection, identification and assistance of child victims of trafficking;
- Improving access of victims to justice and effective remedies;
- Strengthening prevention of trafficking through awareness-raising, education and work with the media;
- Improving investigation and prosecution of trafficking in human beings’ cases.