Preventing and Combating Trafficking in Human Beings in Bosnia and Herzegovina
09 Feb 2021 11:26:00
Capacity building training on trafficking in human beings for the purpose of labour exploitation in Bosnia and HerzegovinaBosnia and Herzegovina 8 FEBRUARY 2021
The second multidisciplinary training on human trafficking for labour exploitation took place...
11 Jan 2021 13:49:00
Capacity building on fight against trafficking in human beings for the purpose of labour exploitation in Bosnia and HerzegovinaBosnia and Hezegovina 15-12-2020
With the challenging economic situation pushing workers to cross the national borders and people...
29 Oct 2020 11:08:0023 October 2020
Anti-trafficking actors were introduced to ways of integrating a gender perspective into Action...
22 Oct 2020 15:41:00Sarajevo 19 October 2020
The authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina reiterated their commitment to continue their...
20 Oct 2020 16:36:00BELGRADE, SARAJEVO, SKOPJE 18 OCTOBER 2020
Preventing and combating trafficking in human beings is one of the priorities of the European...
The action on “Preventing and Combating Human Trafficking in Bosnia and Herzegovina” is implemented within the joint programme of the European Union and the Council of Europe “Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey 2019-2022”.
What is the goal?
- To improve the identification, protection of and assistance to victims of human trafficking in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), in line with the European standards;
- To support the implementation of the Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings by Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Who benefits from the Action?
- Victims and persons at risk of trafficking in human beings;
- Institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina: Ministry of Security, Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees, Ministry of Civil Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, High Judicial and Prosecutorial Council, entity line Centres for Judicial and Prosecutorial Training and Labour Inspectorates;
- Civil society organisations by strengthening their capacities to provide assistance to victims of human trafficking;
- Private sector actors such as recruitment and temporary work agencies by strengthening their capacities to prevent trafficking in human beings for the purpose of labour exploitation;
- Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina who will be living in a more secure and peaceful society.
How will the Action work?
- Research and policy support
- Multi-disciplinary trainings
- Awareness raising events
- Improved detection and identification of, and assistance to victims of human trafficking for the purpose of labour exploitation
- Enhanced detection, and identification of, and assistance to child victims of human trafficking
- Labour inspectors and other key anti-trafficking stakeholders are involved in the identification of victims of trafficking and their referral to assistance and protection
- Strengthened criminal and social justice response to trafficking in human beings
- Greater awareness of all actors, and of general public, about specific vulnerabilities to trafficking situations and the rights of trafficked persons
How do we get more information?
- Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings: https://www.coe.int/en/web/conventions/full-list/-/conventions/rms/090000168008371d
- GRETA country report: https://www.coe.int/en/web/anti-human-trafficking/bosnia-and-herzegovina
+387 33 95 77 90