Vinnytsia (370,000 people) is a regional cultural center of Podillia region (Ukraine, 9 million people). The population is characterized by a multicultural composition. In particular, there are Polish, Jewish, Moldovan, Czech, Georgian, Armenian and other national communities. Vinnytsia universities have a large number of students from various countries of the world, in particular from the Arab and African countries.
However, the communication and interaction between these communities is not systemic. Geographically in the urban space, the premises of these communities are situated chaotically. Cultural and artistic events are held in scattered places in the city, in places that are not sufficiently adapted for such purposes. As a result, the interaction of local communities between themselves and with local citizens suffers because of the lack of an organizational mechanism and a single physical space.
The main objective of the project is to create “Vinnytsia MultiCulture Space” (MCSVi), the only platform for enhancing synergies between representatives of different cultures, and to introduce conditions for creating a common creative / artistic economy based on their interaction.
The specific objectives are the following ones:
1. Revitalization of a public cultural space – an abandoned building of the cinema "Russia" in the historical center of the city, and the creation of an active public space around it.
2. Improvement of partner relations between local centers of different international cultural organizations.
3. Attracting a larger number of social groups to cultural and artistic life.
4. Popularization of cultural, artistic and educational events among residents of Vinnytsia region conducted by international cultural organizations.
5. Creation of new jobs in the field of culture.