Joining Forces to Communicate the Equality and Diversity Message
Seminar of the Council of Europe’s Anti-racism Commission (ECRI) for Equality Bodies
Date: 28-29 September 2020
Organised by: the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) of the Council of Europe, through videoconferencing.
This seminar will explore the ways everyone involved in the fight against racism and intolerance can communicate more effectively and how ECRI, equality bodies and other stakeholders can join forces to increase the impact of our communication on promoting equality and fighting racism and intolerance.
Communicating the message of equality and diversity widely and well is essential if we are to successfully grow support for the human right to equality and non-discrimination, influence change leaders and raise awareness.
More about the Seminar
- Concept note
- Conclusions by Michael Farrell, First Vice-Chair of ECRI
- Links shared during the Seminar
- Tatiana Baeva, Directorate of Communication of the Council of Europe
- Brian Dawson, Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission, Ireland
- Robert Gajda, Commissioner for the Protection from Discrimination, Albania
- Niklas Hofmann, Federal Antidiscrimination Agency, Germany + Powerpoint
- Nils Muižnieks, Former Chair of ECRI and former Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights, Europe Director of Amnesty International
- Tena Šimonović Einwalter, Chair of the Executive Board of EQUINET, member of the Bureau of ECRI and ECRI-member in respect of Croatia, Deputy Ombudsperson of Croatia
- Ekaterine Skhiladze, Deputy Public Defender of Georgia
- Maria Swanljung, Office of Non-Discrimination Ombudsman, Finland