The challenge of systemic racism is still widespread in Europe. Our Anti-Discrimination Department is holding a webinar on Tuesday 7 July.
It will explore successful strategies and inspiring actions to address systemic and institutional racism, examine the effectiveness of Council of Europe tools and actions and emphasise the need to further strengthen their application in member states to foster tolerant and inclusive societies. It will take place between 11.00 and 12.30 p.m. CET.
Chair of ECRI Maria Daniela Marouda will moderate the webinar, along with six keynote speakers:
- Jeroen Schokkenbroek, Director of the Anti-Discrimination, Council of Europe
- Karen Taylor, Chair of the European Network Against Racism (ENAR)
- Margareta Matache, Instructor and Director of the Roma Programme, Harvard University
- Domenica Ghidei Biidu, Vice-Chair of ECRI
- David Martín Abánades, Local Police Inspector, Fuenlabrada Police Service, Spain
- Momodou Malcolm Jallow, Member of Swedish Parliament, General Rapporteur on combating racism and intolerance for the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
Livestream: DG Democracy Facebook page