ST21 MooC – implement ST21 in 10 steps
The European Heritage Strategy for the 21st century aims to promote a unifying approach to cultural heritage as a resource for democracy. The ST21 MooC (Massive Open Online Course) helps to address some of the challenges related to social cohesion, economic and territorial development, as well as education and knowledge. It provides heritage managers at local, regional and national levels with the knowledge and skills to implement the Strategy’s recommendations. The MooC also guides participants in the analysis of their heritage related projects and activities to become part of the Strategy 21 good practices and network.
To be eligible, the MooC participants will need to be stakeholders of at least one heritage related event/project/activity that is still active or has taken place no longer than two years ago. They will practise using Strategy 21, analysing, evaluating and comparing their activity with the learning outcomes of the course.
The objective of the course is for each activity/initiative to become a good practice model - for setting Strategy 21 standards - and to be included on the ST21 website collection. This will help the spread of good practices in and among the member States of the Council of Europe, further enable exchange of project information and increase networking possibilities with other stakeholders.
This Course is based on 10 modules.
Each module contains the following resources:
- A specially designed video, based on the teacher’s draft, explaining the basic content, and composed of photos, collected video elements and/or animations.
- A detailed brochure supporting the video/module, including links to relevant publications and websites to facilitate a deeper understanding of the subject.
- Quizzes for self-evaluation.
Welcome to the ST21 MooC!
This e-learning platform has been designed to adapt to your needs: be it a training session, a consultation, a self-evaluation or a one-on-one coaching session.
We hope that you will find it useful and that this tool will effectively contribute to our common objective to increase capacities, inclusiveness, and further develop policies which would improve heritage management public services and projects.
If you have questions, suggestions or comments on ST21 MooC, do not hesitate to contact us.
- ST21 Methodology guidelines
- ST21 Factsheets
- Workshops’ summaries
- The Golden collection of best practices
- Strategy 21 recommendation
- Namur declaration
- Conventions and Recommendations
- Participatory Governance of Cultural Heritage (2018 OMC group report)
- People, places, stories – Faro Convention inspired experience