The Governing Board is the Obervatory's decision-making body, composed of one representative from each member State. The Board defines and adopts the medium-term and annual programmes, monitors their implementation and the management of the Observatory’s resources. It meets at least once a year.
The Governing Board elects from among its members a Bureau comprised of the chair, two vice‑chairs and five other members. On 18 February 2021, the Governing Board elected its first Bureau composed of:
- Chair: Mr Alain Lamassoure (France)
- Vice-Chairs: Mr Vasileios Gounaris (Greece) and Ms Frances Moss (Ireland)
- Mr Suren Manukyan (Armenia)
- Ms Helena Ramos García (Spain)
- Ms Olga Podberezkina (Russian Federation)
- Mr Salvador Sala (Andorra)
- Ms Anamarija Vicek (Serbia)
Chair since 18 February 2021
Alain Lamassoure is French politician, former Minister Delegate for European Affairs of France and former member of the European Parliament.
After a career as a senior civil servant in several ministers and in the General Secretariat of the French Republic Presidency, Alain Lamassoure held numerous political mandates at the local, regional, national and European levels. He ended his political activities in 2019 to devote himself to teaching European public finance at Science Po Paris.