Vice-President in charge of Equality
At its meeting on 25 January 2018, the Conference of INGOs elected Anne Nègre, University Women of Europe, to the post of Vice-President in charge of Equality for a three year term.
The Vice-President in charge of Equality has a mandate to ensure that issues of gender equality are addressed in a cross-cutting manner by the Conference of INGOs and its committees.
The Conference of INGOs must comply with the Council of Europe Gender Equality Strategy 2018-2023, launched in May 2018 in Copenhagen, and the numerous recommendations adopted by the Committee of Ministers on equality. In this context, the Standing Committee decided at its meeting on 23 April 2018 to set up a Task Force to provide input into the work of all the component entities of the Conference of INGOs on this cross-sectoral issue. The Task Force will facilitate the drafting of reasoned common positions which will include forward-looking analysis of integration trends and enable the Conference of INGOs to respond appropriately whenever necessary, while ensuring that its members’ knowledge and expertise are pooled effectively.
- CONF/GEE(2017)RAPACT: Activity Report for 2017
- CONF/GEE(2016)RAPACT: Activity Report for 2016
- Side event: are religions a place of emancipation for women? Progress and setbacks, Strasbourg, 21 June 2016 - Programme - Actes (in French only)
- Round table: Civil Society, driving force of the Council of Europe Istanbul Convention, Strasbourg, 24 June 2015
- Round Table: Civil society, driving force of the Council of Europe Istanbul Convention, Strasbourg, 24 June 2015
- Round Table: Gender perspectives - Peace and Security: Including gender perspectives in conflict resolution and peace building, Strasbourg, 24 June 2014
- CONF/GEE(2014)RAPACT: Activity Report for 2014
- Highlights of Gender Equality activities in 2013 and priorities for 2014: view the slideshow
- Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence, also known as the Istanbul Convention: Sample letter to Governments and members of Parliament to ratify the Istanbul Convention
- Information about the Working Group on preventing and combating violence against women, domestic violence and trafficking in human beings within the Human Rights Committee of the INGO Conference
- Invitation to the first meeting of the Working Group, 26 June 2013
- CONF/GEE(2012)Report2: Overview of activities from July - December 2012
- CONF/GEE(2012)Report1: Overview of activities from January - July 2012
- CONF/GEE(2014)Report: Activity report 2014