Forum "The Legitimacy of Quality Assurance in Higher Education"
19-20 September 2006. Council of Europe, Strasbourg
The Steering Committee for Higher Education and Research (CDESR) of the Council of Europe will organise a Forum on "The Legitimacy of Quality Assurance in Higher Education: the Role of Public Authorities and Institutions” that will take place in the Headquarters of the Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France on September 19 – 20, 2006.
This event will mark the 3rd annual Council of Europe Higher Education Forum and will look at the triangle of public responsibility, governance and quality assurance. In particular, it will focus on the roles and responsibilities of public authorities and institutions in quality assurance, and will consider elements of importance to the legitimacy and acceptance of quality assurance methods and results. In keeping with the Council of Europe’s long-standing activities on the recognition of qualifications, the relationship between recognition and quality assurance will also be among the discussions.
The forum will gather some 100 high level policy makers in quality assurance in higher education in Europe, including representatives from public authorities, higher education institutions, student representatives, other organisations/agencies active in quality assurance issues in higher education, in particular the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) as well as the European University Association (EUA).
Role, responsabilities and means of public authorities and institutions
- Alberto Amaral
- Ossi V Lindqvist
Examples of practice
- Patricia Georgieva
- Fergal Costello
Introductions to discussion groups
- Jürgen Kohler
- Andrejs Rauhvargers
- Peter Williams
The use of outcomes of quality assurance
- Norman Sharp
- Conferences / Forums
- Conference "Higher Education for Diversity, Social Inclusion, and Community: A Democratic Imperative"
- Conference “Higher Education for Democratic Innovation”
- Conference “Reimagining Democratic Societies: A New Era of Personal and Social Responsibility?”
- Seminar "Universities as Promoters of Intercultural Dialogue in Multicultural Societies"
- Conference “Universities as Actors of Intercultural Dialogue in Wider Society”
- Forum "Converging Competences: Diversity, Higher Education, and Sustainable Democracy"
- Seminar "Intercultural Dialogue on the University Campus”
- Conference "New Challenges to European Higher Education – Managing the Complexities of a Globalized Society"
- Forum on Qualifications Frameworks
- Forum "The Legitimacy of Quality Assurance in Higher Education"
- Forum "The Responsibility of Higher Education for a Democratic Culture"
- Forum "Higher Education Governance"