Conference "New Challenges to European Higher Education – Managing the Complexities of a Globalized Society"
20-21 November 2007. Council of Europe, Strasbourg
The launching conference of the new CDESR project on “The University between Humanism and Market: Redefining its Values and Functions for the 21st Century” will be held on 20-21 November 2007 in Strasbourg. Its title is “New Challenges to European Higher Education – Managing the Complexities of a Globalized Society”.
For two days high-level policy makers in higher education will gather to answer questions and address issues such as:
- What are the challenges to societal sustainability modern societies and individuals have to cope with?
- What is the contribution of higher education to societal sustainability and what should it look like?
- What kind of challenges does higher education face in modern societies? How does it cope with them?
- What kind of knowledge/values does it require to enable people to take action in modern societies, at individual level and at the level of societies?
- How should higher education institutions proceed in the transmission of these forms of knowledge?
The project will run until 2010, with each phase of the project centered around a major conference open to all States party to the Europe Cultural Convention as well as to other delegations and observers to the CDESR.
- Caryn McTighe Musil (powerpoint)
- Albania reform
- Genc Pollo (powerpoint)
- Mario Calderini (powerpoint)
Discussion groups - reports
- Marie-Anne Persoons (powerpoint)
- Luka Juros