Conference “Reimagining Democratic Societies: A New Era of Personal and Social Responsibility?”
27-29 June 2011 - Oslo
Sponsored by the Council of Europe; the International Consortium for Higher Education, Civic Responsibility and Democracy; the European Wergeland Centre; and the University of Oslo, in cooperation with the International Association of Universities and with support from the Norwegian authorities
This conference was part of the cooperation between different partners committed to promoting democracy, human rights and the rule of law as well as intercultural dialogue to promote social harmony and justice, and the belief in the key role of education in furthering these goals. The conference was also part of the events marking the 200th anniversary of the University of Oslo.
- Conferences / Forums
- Conference "Higher Education for Diversity, Social Inclusion, and Community: A Democratic Imperative"
- Conference “Higher Education for Democratic Innovation”
- Conference “Reimagining Democratic Societies: A New Era of Personal and Social Responsibility?”
- Seminar "Universities as Promoters of Intercultural Dialogue in Multicultural Societies"
- Conference “Universities as Actors of Intercultural Dialogue in Wider Society”
- Forum "Converging Competences: Diversity, Higher Education, and Sustainable Democracy"
- Seminar "Intercultural Dialogue on the University Campus”
- Conference "New Challenges to European Higher Education – Managing the Complexities of a Globalized Society"
- Forum on Qualifications Frameworks
- Forum "The Legitimacy of Quality Assurance in Higher Education"
- Forum "The Responsibility of Higher Education for a Democratic Culture"
- Forum "Higher Education Governance"