Conference “Higher Education for Democratic Innovation”
25-27 June 2014 - Belfast
Organized by the Council of Europe (CoE); the International Consortium for Higher Education, Civic Responsibility and Democracy (IC); the European Wergeland Centre (EWC); Queen’s University-Belfast, the European Students’ Union, with the Talloires Network as a sponsor.
This conference was part of the cooperation between different partners committed to promoting democracy, human rights, and the rule of law as well as intercultural dialogue to promote social harmony and justice, and the belief in the key role of education in furthering these goals. The conference venue was selected given the important work that Queen’s University-Belfast has done in building bridges across communal divides in Belfast and, more broadly, Northern Ireland.”
- Conferences / Forums
- Conference "Higher Education for Diversity, Social Inclusion, and Community: A Democratic Imperative"
- Conference “Higher Education for Democratic Innovation”
- Conference “Reimagining Democratic Societies: A New Era of Personal and Social Responsibility?”
- Seminar "Universities as Promoters of Intercultural Dialogue in Multicultural Societies"
- Conference “Universities as Actors of Intercultural Dialogue in Wider Society”
- Forum "Converging Competences: Diversity, Higher Education, and Sustainable Democracy"
- Seminar "Intercultural Dialogue on the University Campus”
- Conference "New Challenges to European Higher Education – Managing the Complexities of a Globalized Society"
- Forum on Qualifications Frameworks
- Forum "The Legitimacy of Quality Assurance in Higher Education"
- Forum "The Responsibility of Higher Education for a Democratic Culture"
- Forum "Higher Education Governance"