Co-production Award - Eurimages Prize (European Film Awards)
In 2007, the Eurimages Fund became a patron of the European Film Academy and created an award for co-production – the Co-Production Award - Prix Eurimages – aimed at rewarding a distinguished producer from a Eurimages member-State active in co-production. The main objective of this award is to acknowledge the decisive position which co-production occupies within the film industry.
For 2020, the Eurimages Board of Management decided to grant an amount of €70,000 to the European Film Academy for the organisation of the prize's awarding.
Since 2009, the European Co-production Award - Prix Eurimages is presented during the official ceremony of the European Film Awards.
The past prize-winners are:
- Ankica Jurić Tilić (HR) in 2019
- Konstantinos Kontovrakis & Giorgos Karnavas (GR) in 2018
- Cedomir Kolar (FR) in 2017
- Leontine Petit (NL) in 2016
- Andrea Occhipinti (IT) in 2015
- Ed Guiney (IE) in 2014
- Ada Solomon (RO) in 2013
- Helena Danielsson (SE) in 2012
- Mariela Besuievsky (ES) in 2011
- Zeynep Özbatur (TR) in 2010
- Diana Elbaum (BE) and Jani Thiltges (LU) in 2009
- Bettina Brokemper (DE) and Vibeke Windeløv (DK) in 2008
- Margaret Menegoz (FR) and Veit Heiduschka (AT) in 2007
The 33rd European Film Awards Ceremony will take place on 12 December 2020 in Reykjavik, Iceland.