INTERPOL Technical webinars (E-FIRST)
This series of three webinars is organized as part of the E-FIRST Course for law enforcement from 14 to 30 September 2020 provided under the framework of GLACY+ Project. The course is combination of self-paced learning supported by experts during the course period. Some 50 law enforcement officers participates in this course.
The e-learning package, E-FIRST, is developed by the ECTEG, targeting law enforcement investigators and crime scene responders. It includes various aspects surrounding modern crime scene, such as network, internet, computers, mobile phones, IoT devices, and virtual assets.
Self-paced learning is combined with a series of real-time webinars on three important topics selected from the E-FIRST course.
- The Crime Scene and Live Data webinar will focus on the very first moments of law enforcement officers arriving at the crime scene: what to prepare and expect before arriving at the scene, how to interact with the people and the objects at the scene, how live data can be collected.
- The Mobile Network and Devices webinar will focus on how a mobile network identifies the devices and subscribers, how the device communicates with the base stations (locating devices), challenges of smart devices, as well as the implications of responders’ interactions with devices at the scene.
- The Virtual Asset Seizure webinar will focus on seizing virtual assets, such as Bitcoin, and what crime scene responders should focus on at the scene to take control over the funds.
The webinars are primarily aimed at the participants in the INTERPOL-ECTEG GLACY+ E-FIRST Course (14-30 September 2020). All participants of this course are invited to participate.
The webinars will also be open to observers who are not participating in the course (no certificates are planned). However, participation is restricted to officials working in criminal justice authorities (law enforcement officers, prosecutors and judges).
- Attendees will have increased their knowledge on the subjects covered by the webinars.
- E-FIRST learners will have chance to learn more and ask questions about these topics.
- Council of Europe, The Budapest Convention and related standards
- Council of Europe, Standard Operating Procedures for the collection, analysis and presentation of electronic evidence
- Council of Europe, Electronic Evidence Guide
- Council of Europe, Digital Forensic Lab Guide
- E-First training pack