Hearing : Criminal justice access to data
Save the date!
30 November 2015
Council of Europe (Strasbourg, France)
Note : Chatham house rules
To seek the help of service providers regarding solutions to the challenges faced by criminal authorities when accessing evidence in a cloud context.
The hearing focused in particular on policies and practices of service providers regarding
- the production of subscriber information and
- direct cooperation between service providers and foreign criminal justice authorities.
The findings of the hearing helped the CEG devise solutions to address criminal justice challenges either through better use of existing provisions of the Budapest Convention on Cybercrime or an additional Protocol to this Convention.
- Representatives of service providers
- Members and Observers of the Cybercrime Convention Committee (T-CY)
- Secretariat of the Cybercrime Convention Committee : Email
- Deutsche Telekom: Law and corporate rules
- Google: Transparency report: legal process
- Microsoft: Transparency Hub - Law enforcement request reports, with FAQ - Principles, Policies and Practices