A regional Co-operation in Criminal Justice: Strengthening capacities in the fight against cybercrime
A joint regional project of the European Union and the Council of Europe on cooperation against cybercrime under the Instrument of Pre-Accession.
Project areas: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, “the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”, Turkey and Kosovo*.
The objective is to strengthen the capacities of criminal justice authorities of project areas to cooperate effectively against cybercrime based on the Budapest Convention on Cybercrime and other standards and tools. Results are expected in the following areas:
- Cybercrime policies and strategies
- Harmonisation of legislation
- Regional and international law enforcement and judicial cooperation
- Law enforcement training
- Judicial training
- Financial investigations
- Cooperation between law enforcement and Internet service providers (ISPs)
- Regional assessments to determine the progress made
* All reference to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.