14th Conference of the Council of Europe of Ministers Responsible for Spatial Planning (CEMAT)
Networks for sustainable spatial development of the European continent: Bridges over Europe
Lisbon, Portugal, 26-27 October 2006
The 14th session of CEMAT took place in Lisbon on 26 and 27 October 2006 on: “Networks for sustainable spatial development of the European continent: bridges over Europe”.
The conference brought together ministers from the Council of Europe’s 46 member states responsible for regional/spatial planning. Additionally it saw the participation of representatives of the Committee of Ministers, the Parliamentary Assembly, the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe, the Bank of Development of the Council of Europe and representatives of other governmental and non-governmental organisations.
A work session was devoted to implementation of the Guiding Principles for Sustainable Spatial Development of the European Continent at national, international, transnational, transfrontier and inter-regional levels and the “CEMAT Pan-European Model Network (Regions of innovation)”. Concrete experiences of co-operation from the European continent were presented.
- Resolution No. 1 on “Polycentric development: promoting competitiveness, enhancing cohesion”
- Resolution No. 2 on “Territorial governance: empowerment through enhanced co-ordination”
- Resolution No. 3 on “The territorial agenda of the European Union and its relation to CEMAT”
- Resolution No. 4 on “The organisation of the 15th session of the European Conference of Ministers responsible for Spatial/Regional Planning”
- Lisbon Declaration on “Networks for sustainable spatial development of the European continent: bridges over Europe”