Promotion of diversity and equality in Montenegro
1 déc. 2022
MEDIA ADVISORY: Patterns of discrimination in Montenegro: 2022 research results to be presented on FridayPodgorica, Montenegro 1 December 2022
The results of a new survey on trends in the field of discrimination in Montenegro will be...
31 oct. 2022Montenegro October 2022
"The Council of Europe stands with you, with the LGBTI community, today and every day, to block...
28 juil. 2022
Call for tenders: Purchase of services for conducting a survey on discrimination patterns in Montenegro and drafting its analytical reportMontenegro 28 July 2022
Within the framework of the joint European Union/Council of Europe programme “Horizontal Facility...
15 juin 2022
PRESS RELEASE: Block the Hatred, Share Respect! Theatre as a tool to promote diversity and foster respect among children from different communitiesTivat, Montenegro 14 - 15 June 2022
It is important for local institutions and education establishments to reduce social distance and...
What is the goal?
- To strengthen the capacity of national and local stakeholders to better address issues related to anti-discrimination, combating hate-speech and protecting rights of LGBTI persons in line with the standards and recommendations set by the Council of Europe – especially those of the European Commission on Racism and Intolerance (ECRI);
- The action also aims at supporting Montenegro’s accession negotiations with the European Union in the field of fundamental rights.
Who benefits from the Action?
- The citizens of Montenegro;
- National and local authorities;
- Education professionals;
- Sport workers;
- Civil society organisations engaged in promoting and protecting human rights
How will the Action work?
- Through a combination of legal and strategic support to institutions; capacity building activities; peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners; raise-awareness campaigns on selected anti-discrimination topics; support to CSOs and local authorities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the citizens.
- It builds on the results of earlier co-operation programs in the field of anti-discrimination in the country, also co-funded by the Council of Europe and the European Union.
What do we expect to achieve?
- To improve the record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime);
- Achieve better protection of the rights of citizens of Montenegro and build more tolerant society open to differences of its members, or similar.
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 250.000 EUR
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How to get more information?
- Council of Europe, website of the Anti-discrimination Department: https://www.coe.int/en/web/inclusion-and-antidiscrimination
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +355 69 217 8430