Promotion of diversity and equality in Montenegro
21 Mar 2022 16:30:00Podgorica, Montenegro 21 March 2022
Ensuring a more inclusive society, by focusing on the education sector, has been the key theme of...
11 Feb 2022 13:30:00
Call for proposals: Support to local civil society organisations to combat hate speech in MontenegroMontenegro 11 February 2022
Within the framework of the joint European Union/Council of Europe programme “Horizontal Facility...
13 Dec 2021 11:08:00
Peer to peer exchange of experience between the police of Montenegro and the police of Bosnia and Herzegovina13 December 2021
In co-operation with the Ministry of Interior of Montenegro and local civil society...
09 Dec 2021 14:56:00
European Union and Council of Europe launch the “Block the hatred. Share the love” campaign in MontenegroPodgorica, Montenegro 9 December 2021
Every citizen can have a role in responding to hate speech with positive language and mutual...
What is the goal?
- To strengthen the capacity of national and local stakeholders to better address issues related to anti-discrimination, combating hate-speech and protecting rights of LGBTI persons in line with the standards and recommendations set by the Council of Europe – especially those of the European Commission on Racism and Intolerance (ECRI);
- The action also aims at supporting Montenegro’s accession negotiations with the European Union in the field of fundamental rights.
Who benefits from the Action?
- The citizens of Montenegro;
- National and local authorities;
- Education professionals;
- Sport workers;
- Civil society organisations engaged in promoting and protecting human rights
How will the Action work?
- Through a combination of legal and strategic support to institutions; capacity building activities; peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners; raise-awareness campaigns on selected anti-discrimination topics; support to CSOs and local authorities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the citizens.
- It builds on the results of earlier co-operation programs in the field of anti-discrimination in the country, also co-funded by the Council of Europe and the European Union.
What do we expect to achieve?
- To improve the record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime);
- Achieve better protection of the rights of citizens of Montenegro and build more tolerant society open to differences of its members, or similar.
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 250.000 EUR
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How to get more information?
- Council of Europe, website of the Anti-discrimination Department: https://www.coe.int/en/web/inclusion-and-antidiscrimination
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, [email protected], +355 69 217 8430