The Local Council of Immigration is a collegial body that has consultative and informative natures. It has the vocation of guaranteeing the democratic participation of immigrant associations and their interaction with other agents involved in the development and promotion of the integration and coexistence policies in the different areas of political, cultural, economic and social life in the City of Bilbao.
- To participate in the Integration and intercultural coexistence program leaded by Bilbao City Council
- To promote access to information for the foreign population and improve communication.
- To encourage the exchange of information, work in common and the coordination of activities between immigrant associations.
- To strengthen immigrant associations
- To become an interlocutor of the situation of the immigrant population and to communicate the information to Bilbao City Council.
20 associations of migrants, local political parties and the Councillor of Equality, Cooperation and Coexistence take part in the Local Council of immigration.
The Local Council of Immigration meets in plenary twice a year.
Activities to be realised in 2018
- Meetings with neighbourhood associations to promote intercultural coexistence in neighbourhoods.
- Two working seminars between neighbourhood associations and associations of immigrants.
- Exchange of experience, promote intercultural perspective in neighbourhood associations, meeting space between immigrants and locals.
- Co-organization of activities between associations to celebrate the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development | 21 May.
- Informative workshops on municipal resources:
- Resource Guide
- Registering as a resident
- Access and financial report of local grants.
- Follow-up workshop on the Municipal Citizenship and Diversity Plan
- Seminar on teamwork and democratization of associative internal access to information
- Design of the protocol of internal and external communication of the Local Council of the Immigration
- Seminar about inclusive and non-sexist language
- Action against gender violence on the occasion of November 25, International Day against gender violence
- Activities to celebrate International Migrants Day 18 December