Democracy, Social Cohesion and Global Challenges Committee
The key challenges in Europe and worldwide in the years ahead will inevitably involve the governance and future of territories, the cohesion, protection and well-being of human beings and the resilience of land and communities in individual countries. Tackling them is a task for those who govern us and also for our NGOs, at local, national and European level.
The Democracy, Social Cohesion and Global Challenges Committtee proposes a strategy based on strong partnership with all the relevant stakeholders focusing on four areas of action: promotion of civil society participation in political decision-making, prevention of corruption, protection of human beings and human dignity, and solidarity in responding to risks.
- Participation in democratic decision making
- Preventing corruption by engaging civil society
- Gender perspectives in political and democratic processes
- Transversal group on social and territorial cohesion
Thierry Mathieu, International Association for Hospital Hygiene (IARHH)
- CONF/DEM(2014)OJ2: Agenda of the meeting of 25 June
- CONF/DEM(2014)SYN2: Synopsis of the meeting of 25 June
- CONF/DEM(2014)OJ1: Agenda of the meeting of 28 January
- CONF/DEM(2014)SYN1: Synopsis of the meeting of 28 January
- CONF/DEM(2014)RAPACT: Activity Report for 2014
- Position paper of the Conference of INGOs of the Council of Europe on"Climate Change and Human Rights"
- CONF/DEM(2012)OJ2: Agenda 26 June
- CONF/DEM(2012)SYN2: Synopsis 26 June
- CONF/DEM(2012)RES1: Resolution 26 June Gender Equality - A condition for success of the Arab Spring
- CONF/DEM(2012)REC1: Recommendation 26 June : Gender Equality - A condition for success of the Arab Spring
- CONF/DEM(2012)OJ1: Agenda 26 January
- CONF/DEM(2012)SYN1: Synopsis 26 January