Transposition of the Recommendation to policy
German film schools
In Germany, a number of German film schools have presented a joint position paper “Gemeinsam für Gendergerechtigkeit” which presents what is being done already, as well as a list of 15 concrete commitments for the future.
This paper addresses issues of gender justice in the “structure” of the schools (such as equal opportunities, zero tolerance of gender violence and abuse) and in the teaching (re: gender sensitive approaches to the production of content, etc.).
- Policy paper (English - German)
- Press release by Filmuniversität Babelsberg (their President started the initiative)
The initiative contributes to the implementation of CM/Rec(2017)9 in the following ways:
- implementation measure IV.4,
- monitoring method 6,
- performance indicator 5 on teaching and training,
- off-screen performance indicators 4 on teaching and training phase I and phase II
Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
Recommendation was drawn on to draft their gender equality policy.