The results of the second Eurimages Project Evaluation Session of 2023 have just been announced. Further to recommendations made by independent experts meeting online, the Executive Committee of the Fund has decided to support the co-production of 33 feature films, including 3 documentaries and 2 animations, for a total amount awarded of €9 652 000.
Of the 33 co-production projects supported during the session, 18 are to be directed or co-directed by women. This represents 56.36% of the total funding awarded.
In the framework of the Gender Equality Strategy, the Board of Management decided, on the basis of the recommendations made by a panel of external experts, to:
- approve seven initiatives to receive Gender Equality Sponsorships over the period 2024 to 2026,
- select three festivals to host the annual Audentia Award in 2024, 2025, and 2026.
In the framework of the Promotion Programme, the Board of Management decided, on the basis of the recommendations made by a panel of external experts, to select for the period from 2024 to 2026:
- nine co-production markets for the presentation of the Eurimages Co-production Development Awards,
- two initiatives to present the New Eurimages Lab Awards,
- seven sponsorship proposals.
Finally, the Board of Management decided to terminate the sponsoring agreement for the “Etoiles et Toiles du Cinéma Européen’ event.
For further information, please read the press release.