Programme in Republic of Moldova
Improving electoral practice in the Republic of Moldova
In the Republic of Moldova, the Council of Europe implements a project ”Improving electoral practice in the Republic of Moldova”. The overall objective is to improve the integrity, transparency and quality of the electoral process in the Republic of Moldova to better ensure citizens’ right to vote and to be elected.
What are the project objectives?
The Project aims to enhance the capacities of national electoral bodies at all levels, in order to ensure an electoral process in line with international standards.
The specific objectives are:
- support of the Central Electoral Commission of the Republic of Moldova, the Centre for Continuous Electoral Training by the Central Electoral Commission and the Central Electoral Commission of ATU Gagauzia to bring up their capacity and ability;
- enhancing the women's representation and participation in the electoral process, as well as ensuring the gender balanced approach;
- ensuring balanced and ethical media coverage of the electoral process and campaigns;
- building domestic observers’ skills to produce efficient election monitoring reports.
Who are the beneficiaries?
The beneficiaries of the Project are:
- Central Electoral Commission
- Centre for Continuous Electoral Training
- Central Electoral Commission of ATU Gagauzia
- Judges in charge of electoral disputes
- Parliament, Government, political parties, proxies, observers, other electoral actors
Advertisement on the parliamentary elections in November 2014