Programme in Republic of Moldova
Improving electoral practice in the Republic of Moldova, Phase III
In the Republic of Moldova, the Council of Europe implements a project ”Improving electoral practice in the Republic of Moldova (IEPRM), Phase III”, as part of the Council of Europe Action Plan for the Republic of Moldova 2021-2024. The overall objective is to improve public trust, credibility and legitimacy towards elections and elected representatives through an enhanced transparency, inclusiveness and integrity of electoral process.
The project objectives:
Capacities and competences of the election administrations and officials are reinforced to ensure transparent, professional and fair electoral processes and procedures in line with the Council of Europe standards and good practices;
Electoral processes and practices are more inclusive and participatory;
European standards into the electoral legislation and practice are further implemented and promoted, specifically based on the Venice Commission's and International Electoral Observation Mission's recommendations.
The project target groups and beneficiaries:
- Members and Secretariat of the the Central Electoral Commission of the Republic of Moldova
- Members of the Centre for Continuous Electoral Training
- Members of the Election Administration (District Election Councils – Precinct Electoral Bureaus)
- Members and Secretariat of the Central Electoral Council of Autonomous Territorial Unit of Gagauzia.
- Members of the Audiovisual Council
- Youth Associations and leaders
- Women’s CSOs
- Media representatives
- Members of the judiciary involved in election dispute resolution
- Members of the law enforcement agencies involved in the electoral process
- Domestic observers
- NGOs/CSOs specialized in human rights and electoral issues
- Citizens with the right of vote, electoral management bodies and civil society of the Republic of Moldova
The length of the Project:
Due to the link to the Council of Europe Action plans for the Republic of Moldova, the Project is split into parts:
March 2023 - December 2024 (22 months) - first part, and
January 2025 – April 2026 (16 months) – second part
Advertisement on the parliamentary elections in November 2014
Through its actions and activities in the Republic of Moldova, our Division contributes to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals 5 and 16 as well as indirectly to a number of others.