Composition of the Standing Committee
The Standing Committee of the Conference of INGOs comprises:
§ with voting rights:
- the President, the three Vice-Presidents and the four Rapporteurs of the Conference;
- the Chairs and two Vice-Chairs of the Committees;
- the Gender Equality Expert.
§ in a consultative capacity:
- the President of INGO-Service;
- the Presidents of Expert Councils;
- the President of the Verification and Dispute Committee;
- the outgoing President of the Conference of INGOs for three years following the end of his/her term of office to ensure continuity of action;
- the Honorary Presidents of the Conference of INGOs.
Role of the Standing Committee
The Standing Committee is responsible for co-ordination between the Conference of INGOs and its Committees and Transversal Groups, and ensures consistency of the Committees and Transversal Groups’ work and compliance with the major policy lines defined by the Conference. It has a consultative and proposal-making role vis-à-vis the Conference of INGOs and its Bureau.
It promotes participation by the INGOs in the work of the other partners in
the Council of Europe Quadrilogue and encourages the INGOs or their Committees
and Transversal Groups, to prepare contributions, and ensures that these are
sent to the other Council of Europe Quadrilogue partners.
It also encourages the INGOs’ liaison and information bodies to prepare written communications on the Council of Europe’s work and achievements.
The Standing Committee meets during the sessions of the Conference of INGOs which coincide with the sessions of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe. Meeting documents are listed by year below.Documents :