EUROPE AND GLOBAL CHALLENGES TRANSVERSAL GROUP
Strasbourg, 1 April 2010
Monday 26 April 2010, 2.30 to 4 p.m.
Room 2, Palais de l’Europe
Opening of the meeting.
1. Agenda: for adoption
2. Report of the meeting on 29 January 2010 [CONF/TG/GLO(2010)SYN1]: for adoption
3. Statement by Uwe Holtz (member of the Parliamentary Assembly when the North-South Centre was established in 1990).
4. Draft opinion of the Conference of INGOs on Recommendation 1893 (2009) of the Parliamentary Assembly on the future of the North-South Centre and proposal for a new statutory resolution on the North-South Centre: for opinion
Sophie Dimitroulias (Association of Women of Southern Europe – AFEM)
5. Official ceremony to mark the 20th anniversary of the North-South Centre, Tuesday 18 May 2010 at the Palace of São Bento in Lisbon
6. Nomination of candidates for the North-South Prize of the Council of Europe
7. Proposal to set up a working group on the issue of migrants and human rights in conjunction with the Human Rights Committee
Gabriel Nissim (Chair of the Human Rights Committee, World Catholic Association for Communication - SIGNIS), Anne Sforza (International Standing Conference on Philanthropy - INTERPHIL)
8. Relations between the European Union and the Council of Europe after the Lisbon Treaty.
Claude-Laurent Genty (head of the relevant working group, International Confederation of Intellectual Workers - ICIW)
9. The working group on Africa
Louise Coffi (Centre for Study and Strategic Prospective – CEPS)
10. Follow-up to the European meetings on social and educational innovations, support for parenting and combating exclusion in Warsaw and Paris
Gérard Greneron (European Council of Police Trade Unions – CESP), Michel Julien (European Committee for Home-based Priority Action for the Child and the Family – EUROCEF)
11. Other business