GENDER EQUALITY TRANSVERSAL GROUP
Strasbourg, 17 June 2011
of the meeting held on Wednesday, 26 January 2011
FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE MEMBERS OF THE GENDER EQUALITY TRANSVERSAL GROUP
The Gender Equality Transversal Group meeting in Strasbourg on 26 January 2011, with Karin Nordmeyer in the chair:
1. adopted the Agenda [CONF/TG/GEN/2011/OJ1]
2. approved the Synopsis of the meeting held on 4 October 2010 [CONF/TG/GEN/2010/SYN4]
3. was informed on the activities of the Gender Equality Transversal Group since the last meeting.
4. was informed on the main topics with regard to gender equality issues dealt with by the Parliamentary Assembly and the Committee on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men during the Winter Session 2011.
5. was informed on the actual status of the work of the Ad-Hoc-Committee on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence (CAHVIO).
6. debated about strategies to respond to the inner reform process of the Conference of INGO after having been informed on the consequences of the reform process : the reduction of the thematic Committees to three including the merge of the transversal groups.
At the end of the session no final conclusion or decision was made, but the common opinion expressed by the members of the group was, that gender issues must not be omitted in the future work of the Conference of INGOs.
The proposal by the chair: an elected person sitting on the Standing Commitee of the Conference of INGOs who would be responsible for gender issues and at least three gender experts or gender working groups in each of the three new Committees.
The transversal group was informed that the debate would be continued in the Standing Committee and in the Plenary Session, where the final decisions would be made.
7. No other business
8. No date of a next meeting