SUSTAINABLE TERRITORIAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITEE
Strasbourg, 9 January 2009
Tuesday 27 January 2009 from 2.30 pm to 5.45 pm
Room 2, Palais de l’Europe
1. Agenda : for adoption
2. Synopsis [CONF/TER(2008)SYN1] and minutes of the meeting held on 2 October 2008
3. Communication on the positioning of the Committee within the institutional framework of the Council of Europe.
4. Exchange of views with representatives from other Council of Europe organs on:
3.10 pm – the European Conference of Ministers responsible for Regional/Spatial Planning (CEMAT) with Maguelonne Déjeant-Pons, Head of the Cultural Heritage, Landscape and Spatial Planning Division, Directorate of Culture and Cultural and Natural Heritage.
3.30 pm – the Parliamentary Assembly with Alan Meale, Chairman of the Committee on the Environment, Agriculture and Local and Regional Affairs, and Agnès Nollinger, Head of the Committee Secretariat.
4 pm - the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe with Marité Moras, Secretary of the Committee on Sustainable Development.
5. Discussion on the work programme and steps to be taken in 2009. Setting-up of topical working groups.
6. Update on the meetings at which the Sustainable Territorial Development Committee was represented.
7. Committee working methods and tools (translation, blog, meeting calendars, etc).
8. Other Business