DEMOCRACY, SOCIAL COHESION AND GLOBAL CHALLENGES COMMITTEE
Strasbourg, 16 June 2011
of the meeting on Tuesday 21 June 2011
from 3.45 pm to 5.30 pm
Room 2, Palais de l’Europe
1. Introduction by the Chair of the Democracy, Social Cohesion and Global Challenges Committee
2. Draft agenda - for adoption
3. Draft synopses of the previous meetings of the former Committees and the Transversal Group - for adoption
3.1. Draft synopsis of the meeting of the Civil Society and Democracy Committee held on 25 January 2011 [CONF/CIV(2011)SYN1] - for adoption;
3.2. Draft synopsis of the meeting of the Social Cohesion and Eradication of Poverty Committee held on 26 January 2011 – [CONF/SOC(2011)SYN1] - for adoption;
3.3. Draft synopsis of the meeting of the Sustainable Territorial Development Committee held on 25 January 2011 [CONF/TER(2011)SYN1] - for adoption;
3.4. Draft synopsis of the meeting of the Europe and Global Challenges Transversal Group held on 26 January 2011 [CONF/TG/GLO(2011)SYN1] - for adoption.
4. Addresses by outgoing Chairs of the Committees and the Transversal Group.
5. Introduction by the Chair on the new Committee’s commitment.
6. Communication on the positioning of the Committee within the institutional framework of the Council of Europe
7. Presentation of the priorities agreed by the Conference at the January 2011 session and discussion on the work programme and its implementation
8. Exchange of views with representatives from other Council of Europe bodies on what is on their agendas
9. Presentation of NGOs’ activities in the framework of the priorities and work of other pillars
10. Presentation of a draft Recommendation on "Leveraging women's equal participation during and after conflicts and revolutions - from the onset" [link to the draft recommendation]
Anje Weirsinga, International Alliance of Women
11. Working methods and working tools: new structure, new approaches
12. Other business