The Cultural Heritage Days-campaign in Denmark has a broad and popular approach to cultural heritage. The theme for 2010 is In the Wake of War, giving acces to the many buildings designed to defend the territory – from antiquity to the Cold War.
There will be:
- activities throughout the country, attractive to various kinds of guests and often in places normally closed to the public.
- a booklet on the theme, widely distributed free of charge
- digital, grammarschool-level learning resources, emphasising international perspectives. This will involve interactive and project-oriented use of the material, also after September 2009.
The campaign is communicated to the public through:
- the website www.kulturarvsdage.dk, from mid-August including an activity calendar
- a booklet on the theme
- press and public relations
- possible cooperation with the National Danish Broadcasting Compagny, DR
The many activities are carried out by local cultural institutions, owners and Danish Defence. Heritage Agency of Denmark is responsible for the campaign and the coordination of the activities.
May 5th: The Heritage Agency in Denmark launches an extensive
website about Danish cultural heritage “1001 stories about Denmark”. The website is user driven so everyone can contribute with comments, photos and stories and recommendations.