Signed: 16 May 2005
Ratifed: 21 August 2006
Entry into force: 1 February 2008
1st Evaluation Round
- GRETA's Report and Government’s Comments, published 31 May 2012
- GRETA's Report (Romanian translation)
- Recommendation of the Committee of the Parties, adopted 11 June 2012
- Government Reply to Committtee of the Parties’ Recommendation, received 27 June 2014
* The official languages of the Council of Europe are English and French (Article 12 of the Statute of the Council of Europe). The unofficial translation presented here is for information only.
Round-table meeting as a follow-up to the 1st evaluation report
A round-table meeting on the follow-up given to GRETA’s first report and the Committee of the Parties’ recommendation on the implementation of the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings by Romania took place in Bucharest on 3 October 2013.
The meeting was co-organised by the Anti-Trafficking Division of the Council of Europe and the National Agency against Trafficking in Persons of Romania. It brought together some 30 representatives of relevant governmental bodies and non-governmental and international organisations who discussed progress made since the publication of GRETA’s report on Romania in May 2012 and remaining challenges. The meeting will be used to identify ways in which the Council of Europe can further support Romania in its anti-trafficking efforts.
Romania is expected to provide information of the measures taken to implement the recommendations made by GRETA and the Committee of the Parties by 11 June 2014.
2nd Evaluation Round
- Government's Reply to GRETA's 2nd Questionnaire, published 17 April 2015
- GRETA's Report and Government's Comments, published 30 September 2016
- Recommendation of the Committee of the Parties, adopted 4 November 2016
- Government’s Reply to the Committee of the Parties’ Recommendation, received on 3 November 2017
this document is also available in Romanian
3rd Evaluation Round
- Government's Reply to GRETA's 3rd Questionnaire, published 10 January 2020 (this document is also available in Romanian)
- GRETA's Report and Government's Comments, published 3 June 2021
- Recommendation of the Committee of the Parties, adopted 4 June 2021