Ressources sur la protection du patrimoine audiovisuel
- Recommendation 2001 (2012) of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe on the Protection of and access to the audiovisual cultural heritage
- Recommendation 2005/865/CE of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 November 2005 on film heritage and the competitiveness of related industrial activities
- Standardisation mandate M/365 to the CEN on the harmonisation of cataloguing and indexing practices of cinematographic works and on the interoperability of film databases. European Commission. DG Information Society and Media, 2005
- Council Resolution of 24 November 2003 on the deposit of cinematographic works in the European Union. Published in the Official Journal C 295/5 of 5 December 2003.
- Communication COM(2001)534 final of 26 September 2001 from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions on certain legal aspects relating to cinematographic and other audiovisual works.
- Study of Centre national du Cinéma (CNC) realised by Etienne Traisnel and René Broca: Collecting and Preserving Digital-Format Films in the Context of Legal Deposits – June 2011
- Klijn, Edwin ; de Lusenet, Yola : Tracking the reel world : a survey of audiovisual collections in Europe. Amsterdam: European Commission on Preservation and Access, 2008 – 978-90-6984-546-3 – See also Tape Survey Factsheet with main result.
- Rodek, Hans-Georg: "Die Rettung des Filmerbes". Die Welt online. 17.03.2008
- Rossini, Mara: “Council of the European Union: recommendation on film heritage and related industrial activities”. Iris 2006 1, p.4
- Gorini, Sabina: The protection of cinematographic heritage in Europe. Strasbourg : European Audiovisual Observatory, 2004. (Iris plus -- supplement to Iris 2004-08) [PDF]
- McGonagle, Tarlach: "Adoption of New Convention for Protection of Audiovisual Heritage". Iris 2001 9, p.3
- I International Federation of Film Archives
Manual for access to film collections = Special issue of the Journal of Film Preservation 55, December 1997.
- Association des cinémathèques européennes (ACE)
- International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives (IASA)
- International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF)
- European Film Database, provided by European Film Promotion
- Moving Image Database for Access and Re-Use of European Film Collections - MIDAS