Aims and objectives
The aim of a Youth Peace Camp is to engage young people and youth organisations from conflict stricken regions in dialogue and conflict transformation activities based on human rights education and intercultural learning and to provide them with a positive experience in living and learning together.
The main objectives (personal, organisational and institutional) of the Youth Peace Camp are:
- To develop awareness and competences (knowledge, skills and attitude) of participants in human rights education, conflict transformation, intercultural learning and dialogue, including a critical understanding of personal and collective identities and their role in conflicts.
- To share among participants their personal experiences of conflict and violence and their coping strategies in a positive and safe atmosphere of living and learning together.
- To learn from existing youth work practices and experiences of young people working on dialogue and conflict transformation in their home communities.
- To motivate and support participants in their role as multipliers and peer leaders in peace building activities with young people encouraging them to implement follow-up initiatives.
- To introduce the Council of Europe, in particular its youth sector and its efforts towards strengthening youth work in the field of conflict transformation and intercultural dialogue.