16-17 June 2020, 9:30 – 13:00
Purpose of the meeting
The Youth Department organises this consultative meeting to identify, prioritise and further organise the ways to support the implementation of the measures proposed by the Recommendation CM/Rec(2019)4 through youth policy and youth work.
The meeting will be structured around the following points:
- What are the main needs of young refugees and the main challenges for youth work with young refugees resulting from the Covid 19 pandemic?
- What kind of awareness-raising activities and capacity-building activities should the Council of Europe youth sector put into place, organise or support? Are there important guidelines or approaches to safeguard regarding, for example, timing of activities, target groups, partners, resources and evaluation?
- What needs to be done and prioritised to support knowledge about the recommendation in the member states?
- How to secure synergies and connections with the work of youth and human rights organisations?
- How to benefit from and contribute to the strategic actions of the Special Representative of the Secretary General for Refugees and Migration?
- The conclusions of the meeting will be communicated to the Joint Council on Youth for possible discussion and adoption. They should also inform the Youth for Democracy programme in the current and upcoming biennium (until 2023).