MONEYVAL held its 54th Plenary meeting in Strasbourg from 26 to 28 September 2017. At this meeting, the Plenary, inter alia:
- discussed and adopted the 5th round MER and its executive summary on Andorra;
- adopted the compliance report of Montenegro under the Compliance Enhancing Procedures, and invited the country to submit a further report at the 56th Plenary (17 – 19 April 2018);
- adopted the follow-up report by Serbia under the 5th round of mutual evaluations;
- adopted the follow-up reports by Azerbaijan, Croatia, Lithuania and Poland under the 4th round of mutual evaluations, and decided to remove Lithuania from the follow-up process and apply Step 1 of its Compliance Enhancing Procedures with regard to Croatia and Poland; the Plenary further decided that Azerbaijan had not yet addressed all deficiencies in order to fulfill the criteria for a removal from the follow-up procedure, and was invited to submit a further report in September 2018;
- heard an updated analysis from the Secretariat on the follow-up procedure of the Terrorist Financing Fact-Finding Initiative, and decided to remove Cyprus from the procedure;
- heard presentations from Israel and the Russian Federation on their case studies which were awarded the “Best EGMONT Group Case Award” in 2016 and 2017, respectively;
- had an exchange of views with representatives from the Basel Institute on Governance on the “Basel AML Index”;
- heard a presentation from the UK Crown Dependency of Jersey and discussed recent developments in the area of FinTech/RegTech;
- heard a presentation by the European Commission on the “EU supranational risk assessment on money laundering and terrorist financing”;
- heard a presentation from the Russian Federation on practical examples to demonstrate effectiveness under Immediate Outcomes 3, 4 and 5.
Reports adopted will be made available shortly under each jurisdiction’s profile, in accordance with MONEYVAL’s publication policy.