Welcome to the Economic Crime and Cooperation Division
23 Oct 2020 10:13:00TIRANA, ALBANIA 11 OCTOBER 2020
In a meeting with Mr Ilirjan Celibashi, State Election Commissioner of the Central Election...
21 Oct 2020 09:02:00
Working Group meeting to assess the needs of State Commission for Prevention of Corruption (SCPC) staff to conduct analysisVideo conference 21 October 2020
On 21 October 2020, the Council of Europe/European Union Horizontal Facility II Action against...
19 Oct 2020 07:00:00
Regional risk assessment for identifying terrorist financing risks within the non-profit organisations in Western Balkans and TurkeyVideoconference 19 October 2020
In the framework of the Regional Action against Economic Crime in Western Balkans and Turkey...
15 Oct 2020 09:49:00Strasbourg, France 15 October 2020
We are pleased to announce the launch of the new ECCD quarterly Newsletter. Starting from the...
13 Oct 2020 15:26:00
EU, Council of Europe and US hand over equipment to the Montenegrin Police to fight money launderingPodgorica, Montenegro 8 October 2020
In a handover ceremony, which took place in Podgorica on 8 October 2020, the Montenegrin Police...
The Economic Crime Cooperation Division (ECCD) is responsible for the Council of Europe’s cooperation and technical assistance related activities concerning measures against corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. The ECCD has been supporting countries in the implementation of Council of Europe’s and other international anti-corruption and anti-money laundering standards for two decades now.
The Division’s activities comprise a wide variety of interventions focusing on implementation of international standards addressing recommendations provided by monitoring bodies such as GRECO and MONEYVAL (FATF or other FSRBs when applicable).
Through its interventions the Division supports the beneficiary jurisdictions in:
- Enhancing their legislative and strengthening of the institutional frameworks to fight corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing as well as on other matters relating to fight against economic crime;
- Developing policies and strategic documents;
- Strengthening of capacities of state institutions, specialised anti-corruption and anti-money laundering bodies, law enforcement, prosecution services and the judiciary.
To date the Division has implemented technical assistance interventions and supported reform processes in over 25 jurisdictions including CoE member states, EU member states, and non-member states and jurisdictions.
Call for Tenders:
- Consultancy Services on Assessing National Risks Related to Proliferation Financing. The deadline for submission of applications: 03 November 2020
- Provider(s) of intellectual services in the fields of anti-corruption, anti-money laundering (AML) and asset recovery systems, business integrity and compliance in the private sector in Kazakhstan. The deadline for submission of applications: 01 December 2020