Education and Culture Committee
To face the rise of populism, fueled by the quest for identity, massive urbanisation, digitisation in daily life and the fact that the economy shapes politics, the Education and Culture Committee appoints four working groups in order to raise awareness of the issues and make proposals for actions.
The Education and Culture Committee has opted to focus on four topics, a combination of current educational, cultural, religious, artistic, societal and civilizational issues. The four working groups are part of an overarching project aiming at building, enhancing and strengthening the European cultural identity.
- Intercultural cities
- Lifelong learning
- Europe of heritage and creation
- Transversal group Digital citizenship
Claude Vivier le Got, Federation for EDucation in Europe (FEDE)
Karl Donert, European Association of Geographers (EUROGEO)
2nd post of Vice-chair: vacant until next elections
- CONF/EDUC(2017)OJ1: Agenda of the meeting of 24 January
- CONF/EDUC(2017)OJ2: Agenda of the meeting of 27 June
- Intercultural dialogue - living together in Europe: Summary of the working group's report