Education and Culture Committee
To face the rise of populism, fueled by the quest for identity, massive urbanisation, digitisation in daily life and the fact that the economy shapes politics, the Education and Culture Committee appoints four working groups in order to raise awareness of the issues and make proposals for actions.
The Education and Culture Committee has opted to focus on four topics, a combination of current educational, cultural, religious, artistic, societal and civilizational issues. The four working groups are part of an overarching project aiming at building, enhancing and strengthening the European cultural identity.
- Intercultural cities
- Lifelong learning
- Europe of heritage and creation
- Transversal group Digital citizenship
Claude Vivier le Got, Federation for EDucation in Europe (FEDE)
Karl Donert, European Association of Geographers (EUROGEO)
2nd post of Vice-chair: vacant until next elections
- June 2020 Session: Webinar on What lessons could be drawn from Covid-19 on the theme of education and the digital age :
- CONF/EDUC(2020)OJ1 - Agenda of 15 October
- Education and Culture Committee Declaration : RIP Samuel Paty - 16 October 2020
- Draft Resolution CONF/PLE(2020)RES2 on the cultural and creative sectors undermined by COVID-19 - presented for adoption by the Conference of INGOs on 16 December 2020
- CONF/EDUC(2017)OJ1: Agenda of the meeting of 24 January
- CONF/EDUC(2017)OJ2: Agenda of the meeting of 27 June
- Intercultural dialogue - living together in Europe: Summary of the working group's report
Following the decision of the Committee of Ministers on 16 March 2022 the Russian Federation is no longer a member of the Council of Europe. The website will be updated as soon as possible to take account of this development.