The European Committee of Social Right (ECSR) will present its conclusions and findings for 2021 on Wednesday 23 March 2021 (09:30-11:00 am CET) via an online press conference.
In 2021, in the framework of the reporting procedure, the Committee examined 33 state reports* on the provisions of the European Social Charter relating to health, social protection and social security:
- the right to safe and healthy working conditions (Article 3),
- the right to protection of health (Article 11),
- the right to social security (Article 12),
- the right to social and medical assistance (Article 13),
- the right to benefit from social welfare services (Article 14),
- the right of elderly persons to social protection (Article 23/ Article 4 of the 1988 Additional Protocol),
- the right to protection against poverty and social exclusion (Article 30).
Furthermore, the Committee will make public its Findings 2021 in respect of Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy and Portugal. Findings 2021 set out the Committee’s assessments of follow-up given by these countries to decisions in collective complaints.
* The following 33 countries were examined: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Northern Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom.
Link to the press conference (please note that you have to copy and paste the link in your Google Chrome browser. For smartphones and tablets, use application Kudo Live and ID 771112000091)
Contact Directorate of Communications: Giuseppe Zaffuto, tel. +33 6 86 32 10 24