As part of the European Year of Cultural Heritage and in co-operation with the Spanish Ministry of Culture and Sports, a first seminar of the joint project “The Faro Way: enhanced participation in cultural heritage” brought together in Madrid on 13-14 December 2018 representatives from seven countries, several Spanish regional authorities and selected international experts.
Through presentations, discussions on selected topics and field visits to two heritage-driven initiatives, the seminar provided an opportunity to better understand the Faro Convention approach to cultural heritage and to exchange on the concerns that authorities may have in supporting the Convention through signing, ratifying and implementing it.
- Faro Convention and National Authorities by Francesc PLA CASTELLTORT
- Session I - An overview of the Faro way: Facilitating new initiatives by Mr Prosper WANNER
- Heritage Communities and beyond... by Lauso ZAGATO and Simona PINTON
- La participación de La Rioja en el Plan de Acción de Faro / San Millán de la Cogolla [es]
- On support to initiatives by Filipa NETO