The Steering Committee for the Rights of the Child (CDENF) has launched a series of three webinars to have an exchange on the most urgent challenges related to children’s rights in the context of COVID-19 pandemic. The first edition titled “Overcoming education challenges” was held online on 22 March 2021 (14:30-17:00 hrs CET) with the aim to illustrate the latest activities by UNICEF, OECD and WHO, and have an exchange on good practices amongst the responses provided in the area of education during the current health crises. The webinar brought together CDENF national delegations, participants and observers, as well as international experts and, last but not least, children who had fruitful discussions on a number of important issues, inter alia, access to education, digital/home schooling, inclusion, safety and others.
- Presentation of Ms Sarah Fuller, Education Consultant, UNICEF Regional Office for Europe & Central Asia
- Presentation of Ms Rosário Farmhouse, President of the National Commission for the Promotion of the Rights and the Protection of Children and Young People of Portugal
- Presentation of Ms Claire Russon, Psychologist, Quality development of psycho-socio-educational practices, Luxembourg (French only)
- Presentation of Mr Olivier Thévenon, Head of Child Well-being Unit, OECD WISE Centre
- Presentation of Mr Andreas Schleicher, Director for Education and Skills, and Special Advisor on Education Policy to the Secretary General, OECD
- CDENF: Compilation of replies of member states to the call for good practices on COVID-19 and education
- CDENF: COVID-19 pandemic responses – Lessons learnt from management and adaptation to ensure that children are treated as rights holders during the pandemic
- CDENF: Factsheet "the COVID-19 pandemic and children: Challenges, responses and policy implication"
- Roadmap for Action on the Council of Europe education response to COVID-19
- Council of Europe political declaration on the education response to COVID-19
- UNICEF data hub on Covid-19 and children
- OECD Centre on Well-being, Inclusion, Sustainability and Equal Opportunity (WISE)
- OECD: The impact of COVID-19 on Education – Insights from Education at a glance 2020
- WHO/Europe: Ensuring safe schooling