Cooperation with other bodies
Cooperation with the European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ)
The CCJE and the European Commission for the efficiency of justice (CEPEJ) cooperate regularly on topics of common interest.
- Point de vue d'Alain Lacabarats, membre du CCJE, sur le "rapport de la CEPEJ sur les systèmes judiciaires européens - Edition 2006"- French only
- Action plan for follow-up to Opinions of the Consultative Council of European Judges (CCJE)- Source: CEPEJ document
- Observations No. 1 (2005) of the Consultative Council of European Judges (CCJE) on the draft Action Plan for follow-up to the Opinions of the CCJE prepared by the CEPEJ at the request of the CDCJ
Cooperation with the Consultative Council of European Prosecutors (CCPE)
The Bureaus of the Consultative Council of European Judges (CCJE) and the Consultative Council of European Prosecutors (CCPE) have jointly submitted to the Secretary General of the Council of Europe a report on the “Challenges for judicial independence and impartiality in the member states of the Council of Europe”. This report follows the Secretary General’s 2015 report: ”State of Democracy, Human Rights and the Rule of Law in Europe – a shared responsibility for democratic security in Europe“, where the CCJE and CCPE were requested to “urgently draft a comprehensive review of the main challenges for judicial impartiality and independence in member states”. This report is published together with a document compiling the comments on this report, forwarded to the Secretariat by the member states of the Council of Europe.
- Report from the CCJE and the CCPE on the main challenges for judicial impartiality and independence in Council of Europe member States
- Comments from the member States on the report
The CCJE and the CCPE worked together to prepare Opinion No. 12 on relations between Judges and Prosecutors. The co-ordination and complementarity between these two Councils ensure coherence of the judicial tools implemented for actors of the judicial system.
Cooperation with the European Committee on Legal Co-operation (CDCJ) and with the Group of Specialists on the Judiciary (CJ-S-JUD)
The CCJE has worked together with the CDCJ on revision of Recommendation (94) 12 on the independence, efficiency and role of judges.
Cooperation with the Department for the execution of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights
In the framework of drafting Opinion No. 13 on the role of judges in the enforcement of judicial decisions in their relations with the other state functions and other players, the CCJE will work in consultation with the Department for the execution of judgments of the ECHR.
Cooperation with the United Nations (UN)
- The Bangalore principles
- Commentary on the Bangalore principles of judicial contact
- Comments no. 2 (2005) of the Working Party of the Consultative Council of European judges (CCJE-GT) on the framework programme « a new objective for judicial systems: the processing of each case within an optiminum and foreseeable timeframe » established by the European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ)
Conferences and other events
- Presentation the CCJE’s work before the Committee of Ministers
10 February 2021
Speech of Ms Nina Betetto
- Webinar “The judiciary: possible ways of development”
18 January 2021
organised by the Association of Polish Judges IUSTITIA, as well as by the EAJ, MEDEL and AEAJ
Speech of Ms Nina Betetto
- Online Conference of Ministers of Justice: "Independence of Justice and the Rule of Law"
9 November 2020