COVID-19: Functioning of the Congress and its Secretariat
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe has taken several steps to pursue its activities while implementing the measures recommended by the health authorities of member states and the World Health Organisation, in accordance with Council of Europe policy.
- Congress debates local referendums, post-Covid crisis recovery and protection of LGBTI people
- Congress calls for ensuring respect for electoral standards in major crisis situations
- Post-Covid recovery strategies must be adapted to the reality of cities and regions
- Europe’s towns, cities and regions prepare post-covid recovery strategies that learn from the health crisis
- Call for photos and testimonials: “Together in the Distance: Building New Solidarities in a Changing World”
In the context of the sanitary crisis, the secretariat of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities remains operational and partially work remotely via telework. The Congress staff can be reached by email, as well as by phone. The contact details of the Congress Secretariat are available on the web page below.