GLOBAL EDUCATION WEEK NETWORK
5-6 December 2010, Brussels, Belgium
Each year the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe hosts this seminar in preparation for the annual Global Education Week, which takes place in the third week of November.
The purpose of the Seminar is to provide a meeting space for national Global Education Week (GEW) co-ordinators, and to share national strategies for increasing and improving Global Education through the Global Education Week.
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe, organiser of the evaluation seminar, in partnership with ACODEV, implementing partner in Brussels, provided the conference facilities, accommodation and meals in Hotel Ibis Sainte-Catherine, Brussels.
The seminar dates were settled in order to allow GEW network coordinators and World Aware Education Awards laureates to visit the EDD premises, including the Global Village - where the NSC shared a stand with DARE/DEEEP about European policies for GE/DE – and to attend the side-event co-organised by the NSC under the theme Do Europeans Care about the rest of the World?, in 7 December from 10.00 to 12.00. The World Aware Education Award ceremony took place at the end of the side-event.
§ Seminar Presentation note
§ Seminar Agenda
§ Seminar List of participants
§ Seminar Report
The High level Panel "Do Europeans Care about the Rest of the World?" held on December 7th, in the frame of the European Development Days was a big success, and was attended by more than 200 participants! Some of you managed to be in the audience, but for those who did not have this opportunity, we are pleased to inform you that the entire event is now available online: http://www.deeep.org/mshactivities.html
Development Education & Global Education in Europe – country fact sheets
Fact sheets prepared in partnership by the DE Forum/DARE network and the GEW network national coordinators
CONFERENCE BACKGROUND DOCUMENTS
- North-South Centre Global Education programme 2009-2010 activities overview
- North-South Centre Global Education Guidelines (re-edition 2010)
- North-South Centre Global Education on-line training-course
- North-South Centre Global Education Charter
- North-South Centre Maastricht Global Education Congress report & declaration
- North-South Centre-European Commission Joint Management Agreement
- Summaries of present situation of global development education in the new EU member States - report