Supervision of execution of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights
Read more about the Supervision of execution of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights
In accordance with Article 46 of the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms as amended by Protocol No. 11, the Committee of Ministers supervises the execution of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights. This work is carried out mainly at four regular meetings (DH meetings) every year.
The Committee of Ministers' essential function is to ensure that member states comply with the judgments and certain decisions of the European Court of Human Rights.
The Committee completes each case by adopting a final resolution. In some cases, interim resolutions may prove appropriate. Both kinds of Resolutions are public.
Applicants can access the Resolutions adopted concerning their case (see the box "Adopted texts" below).
- Decisions of the Committee of Ministers (type the applicant name or application number in the "Document title" field or type the country name in the "Geography" field)
- Compilations of decisions
- Annual Reports
Applicants can access the Resolution adopted concerning their case either on the website of the European Court (Hudoc) or below on the Committee of Ministers' website. Applicants who are unable to find the relevant Resolution, may request a copy of the text from the Secretariat of the Committee of Ministers at email@example.com.
Information made available under Rule 8.2 (a. and b.) of the Rules of the Committee of Ministers
Information made available under Rule 9.1 of the Rules of the Committee of Ministers
Information made available under Rule 9.2 of the Rules of the Committee of Ministers
Information documents and other communications
- CM Information documents (CM/Inf/DH) - concern cases on the agendas of DH meetings (prepared by the Department for the execution of judgments and decisions of the European Court of Human Rights)
- Communications from the Registry of the European Court of Human Rights
- Exchanges of correspondence concerning different cases pending before the Court [including those concerning interim measures (Rule 39)]
Procedures and working methods
- iGuide to procedures and working methods (Chapter III. § 19. Human Rights (DH) meetings)
- Rules of the Committee of Ministers for the supervision of the execution of judgments and of the terms of friendly settlements (Article 46, paragraphs 2 to 5, and Article 39, paragraph 4, of the European Convention on Human Rights)
- Decision to adopt the above Rules (relation to Protocol 14)
- Decision on the preparation of preliminary draft decisions
- Implementation of the Interlaken Action Plan - Twin-track supervision system (consolidated document)
- Supervision of the execution of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights: procedure and working methods for the Committee of Ministers’ Human Rights meetings (see also decision CM/Del/Dec(2016)1252/4.4)