Welcome to the GRECO website
GRECO has published today its Addendum to the Second Compliance Report of the Third Evaluation...
In an evaluation report published today, the Council of Europe’s Group of States against...
Romania: Council of Europe´s anti-corruption body, deeply concerned about certain justice and criminal law reformsStrasbourg 11/04/2018
In a report on Romania published today, the Group of States against Corruption of the Council of...
GRECO has published today its Fourth Round Compliance Report on Montenegro, as adopted by GRECO...
Amendments passed late last year to Poland’s judiciary, including laws on the National Council of...
The Fight against Corruption: a Priority for the Council of Europe
Ever since antiquity, corruption has been one of the most widespread and insidious of social evils. When it involves public officials and elected representatives, it is inimical to the administration of public affairs. Since the end of the 19th century, it has also been seen as a major threat in the private sphere, undermining the trust and confidence which are necessary for the maintenance and development of sustainable economic and social relations. It is estimated that hundreds of billions of Euros are paid in bribes every year. (more)
Members of GRECO Bureau
On Thursday, 29 November 2016, GRECO elected Marin MRČELA (Croatia) as its President and Agnès MAITREPIERRE (France) as its Vice-President. Helena LIŠUCHOVÁ (Czech Republic), Aslan YUSUFOV (Russian Federation), Vita HABJAN BARBORIČ (Slovenia), Ernst GNÄGI (Switzerland), and David MEYER (United Kingdom) have been elected members of the Bureau for the duration of the 5th Evaluation round starting in 2017.
Legal instruments adopted by the Council of Europe
- Criminal Law Convention on Corruption (ETS 173)
- Civil Law Convention on Corruption (ETS 174)
- Additional Protocol to the Criminal Law Convention on Corruption (ETS 191)
- Twenty Guiding Principles against Corruption (Resolution (97) 24)
- Recommendation on Codes of Conduct for Public Officials (Recommendation No. R(2000)10)
- Recommendation on Common Rules against Corruption in the Funding of Political Parties and Electoral Campaigns (Recommendation Rec(2003)4)