The seminar Roma Youth Together 2023 will bring together 30 young people who are youth leaders or youth workers in Roma and Travellers communities and organisations. It is organised by the Youth Department and Roma and Travellers Team of the Council of Europe in cooperation with the European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture (ERIAC), TernYpe, the European Roma Grassroots Organisations (ERGO) Network and Phiren Amenca.
The seminar aims at connecting Roma youth leaders with the Council of Europe European policy processes in view of addressing intersectional discrimination as part of strategies for empowerment and youth participation.
Its specific objectives are:
- to share recent experiences, concerns and conflicts affecting Roma youth with a focus on intersectional discrimination, its impact on meaningful youth participation and develop a common understanding of the causes and consequences it has on young people;
- to identify strategies and practices for the empowerment of Roma youth, Roma communities and Roma civil society, taking into account the intersectional approach to discrimination;
- to connect participants with the Council of Europe’s work in the field of meaningful Roma youth participation;
- to celebrate International Roma Day with a perspective of Roma young people and with visibility given to their work in the field of combatting intersectional discrimination;
- to reconnect and to strengthen partnerships with European youth organisations and networks working in the field of Roma participation.
Deadline for applications: 8 March 2023, 23:59 CET