Supporting Freedom of Media and Internet in Georgia
01 Dec 2020 16:01:001 December 2020
On 2 December at 10.30 starts the 6th Georgian Internet Governance Forum GeoIGF 2020. The event...
17 Nov 2020 15:32:0016 November, 2020
The Council of Europe launched the online Human Rights Education for Legal Professionals (HELP)...
14 Oct 2020 15:26:00
CoE Expert Opinion concerning Draft Law on Personal Data Protection of Georgia discussed at the internal meeting of the State Inspector's Service9 - 11 October 2020
Representatives of the State Inspectors' Service (national data protection authority) gathered at...
24 Sep 2020 08:23:00
ECHR case-law related to privacy and data protection guidance for the State Inspector’s Service in GeorgiaTelavi, Georgia 18-19 September 2020
The two-day training, in the case-law of the European Court of Human Rights related to privacy...
04 Sep 2020 16:13:00
On 1 September 2020, The Resolution on the adoption of the regulations for publishing online...
09 Sep 2020 14:24:00Tbilisi, Georgia 8-9 September 2020
Meetings for the regional TV and radio outlet managers aimed at sharing information and...
04 Sep 2020 16:03:0025-26 August 2020
On 25-26 August, the Council of Europe organised a two-day workshop for the Charter of...
31 Jul 2020 09:57:00Batumi, Georgia 31 July, 2020
The Council of Europe in cooperation with the Supreme Election Commission of the Autonomous...
20 Jul 2020 09:44:00Tbilisi, Georgia 17 July 2020
On 17 July 2020, the Council of Europe organised the handover ceremony of certificates to the...
08 Jul 2020 15:12:008 July 2020
On 8 July 2020 the Council of Europe launched the online training on Legal Writing techniques for...
20 Sep 2017 14:36:00
Within the EU funded project “CoE/EU Program “Protecting Internet Freedom through Legislation and...
18 Jun 2020 15:19:00
The online discussion on “The impact of COVID -19 on media freedom” provided an opportunity to...
19 Dec 2019 08:56:0013 December, 2019
On 13 December the Council of Europe organised a roundtable on safety of journalists in Georgia....
25 Nov 2019 10:47:00
More than 15 Georgian online and mainstream media representatives were introduced to CoE standards on safeguarding privacy in the media
Council of Europe in cooperation with the State Inspectorate’s Service of Georgia held a workshop...
12 Nov 2019 15:03:00
On Wednesday, 13 November at 10.00-17.00, in the hotel Rooms Tbilisi (Kostava str. 14) the 5th...
10 Oct 2019 10:54:003-4 October, 2019
The Council of Europe has supported the Charter of Journalistic Ethics of Georgia in organisation...
The Council of Europe project “Supporting Freedom of Media and Internet in Georgia” is built upon achievements of two previous EU-CoE projects in Georgia “Promoting Freedom, Professionalism and Pluralism of the Media” and “Protecting Internet Freedom through Legislation and Arrangements for multi-stakeholder Dialogue” under the Partnership for Good Governance (EU-CoE) that where implemented during 2015-2017. Those two projects’ achievements included strengthening the capacities of the broadcasting regulatory authority (National Communications Commission), journalistic self-regulatory body (Charter of Journalistic Ethics), addressing challenges linked to freedom of expression on-line, establishment of multi-stakeholder dialogue with regard to the Internet and promotion of the CoE standards on the internet and human rights.
- Supporting national authorities in bringing legal and policy framework and practice on audio-visual services and media literacy in line with the CoE and European standards;
- Further improvement of professionalism, responsibility and respect of ethical rules among journalists;
- Supporting national authorities in further development and proper implementation of Internet related legal framework and regulations;
- Strengthening the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms through the reinforcement of the protection of individuals with regard to their right to privacy and right to data protection.
- Expert assessments, opinions and recommendations on the multisectorial cooperation, legal and policy framework governing the media and internet, as well as countryspecific studies and publications;
- Workshops, training sessions, conferences and study visits;
- Development of the GNCC webpage on Media Literacy;
- Development of the handbook on Ethical Journalism
Small and Medium Telecom Operator’s Association of Georgia;
Academia: Faculties of Journalism of Universities.
The project runs from 1 February 2019 until 31 January 2021