On 7 July, the Anti-Discrimination Department of the Council of Europe will hold a webinar ‘From challenges to solutions: instruments and tools to fight systemic racism’.
The webinar will explore the effectiveness of Council of Europe tools for combating systemic racism and creating anti-racist societies, and the need to further strengthen their uptake in member states.
The panel will discuss examples of actions to dismantle systemic racism at national and local levels and how to make them more sustainable and increase their reach.
- Maria Daniela MAROUDA, Chair of the Council of Europe's European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI)
- Jeroen SCHOKKENBROEK, Director of Anti-Discrimination, Council of Europe
- Karen TAYLOR, Chair of the European Network Against Racism (ENAR)
- Margareta MATACHE, Instructor and Director of the Roma Programme, Harvard University
- Domenica GHIDEI BIIDU, Vice-Chair of the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI)
- David MARTÍN ABÁNADES, Local Police Inspector, Fuenlabrada Police Service, Spain
- Momodou Malcolm JALLOW, Member of the Swedish Parliament, General Rapporteur on combating racism and intolerance of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
The webinar will take place on 7 July 2020 at 11.00-12.30 CET
Participants are invited to register by Monday 6 July 2020 at 12.00 (CET). Upon registration, participants will receive a link in the 24 hours before the webinar which will allow them to participate in the webinar using Bluejeans Events platform, preferably using Google Chrome as Internet browser. Participants will have the possibility of posing written questions to the speakers through the online platform.