Photo and illustrations competition
“Learning Equality, Living Dignity” - photo and illustrations competition showcasing the impact of human rights education
You are invited to submit your photos or illustrations on the theme of the 3rd Human Rights Education Forum “Learning Equality, Living Dignity”. You may use these topics as inspiration:
- transmit the values of respect, non-discrimination and equality through education
- include everyone in educational processes
- From education to action for human rights
- Education as a place to practice democracy
- Education as a process of linking with communities, families, schools, the media etc.
- All different – all equal, through education
- Education for combating hate speech online
- Human rights education in an era of challenges for human rights
The photos and illustrations to be submitted can represent the challenges linked with human rights education and some of the questions mentioned above. You are invited to expand on this topic and express your views on it via your creative ideas in the form of a photograph or illustration.
Who can take part?
Anyone aged between 13 and 30 and residing in the member states of the European Cultural Convention. Each contestant may submit up to three photos or illustrations. Each photo or illustration submitted must be accompanied by a description of maximum 200 characters, including a title for the photo or illustration. The description can be submitted in English or French.
The prizes and who will decide
- 1 First Prize is a cash voucher of €300 and participation in the 3rd Compass Human Rights Education Forum.
- 2 second Prizes - participation in a cash voucher of €100 and participation in the 3rd Compass Human Rights Education Forum.
- 2 third Prizes - participation in the 3rd Compass Human Rights Education Forum.
The photos and illustrations chosen will be included in the publications of the Youth Department related to the 3rd Compass Human Rights Education Forum.
Every participant will also receive an official Council of Europe Certificate and materials of the Council of Europe on human rights education.
The decision will be made by public vote through the Facebook page.
How to submit and requirements
- All submissions must be original work of the candidate.
- All submissions must be submitted via this Facebook page
- All submissions must be accompanied by a caption of maximum 200 words including the title of the photo or illustration.
- All submissions must be made in JPEG. / JPG. / PNG. and should be no smaller than 6MB
- All submissions must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
Deadline for submissions
31 August 2016, 23:00 CET
And if you have any more questions do not hesitate to contact us at: eyc.programme[at]coe.int